Student Orientation, Advising & Registration
S.O.A.R. is required for all students who are new to CSI and seeking a degree or certificate, even if you took dual credit college classes while in high school. S.O.A.R. is designed to introduce you to the essential tools for success at the College of Southern Idaho.
What happens at S.O.A.R.?
- Speak with and ask questions of college representatives.
- Learn to use CSI's online tools.
- Learn your student responsibilities.
- Learn student success tips.
- Learn about paying for school.
- Register for classes.
Your responsibilities prior to registering/attending S.O.A.R.
- If applicable, submit your high school or GED transcript.
- If applicable, submit official college transcripts.
- Submit qualifying placement information. (ACT, SAT, or ALEKS and Write Class)
- Contact the Advising Center to make an appointment with an advisor.
- Register for S.O.A.R. during your advising appointment or in MyCSI. There is a $25 fee to attend S.O.A.R. You may register a guest to attend with you. There is a $10 fee per parent/guest to cover the cost of their lunch and materials.
- Bring your photo ID
Mini-Cassia Center (Burley)
- Thursday, July 26, 4-9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 11, 9-3 p.m.